How do you calculate the annual energy production of photovoltaic installation?
In order to calculate the annual yield capacity of the system uses a solar calculator on the website of the European Commission. Set the system power, angle and azimuth panels. As a result of the calculation are given average daily, monthly and annual value of electricity produced in kWh.
Is the geographical orientation and angle of the panels has an impact on the production of electricity?
For our latitude optimal tilt angle of photovoltaic panels is 35 ° south. However, the deviation of 45 ° to the east or west reduces the efficiency of the system by only 5%, while the deviation of 90 ° reduces the efficiency of the system in relation to the optimum only by about 10%.
What is the conversion efficiency of the panels?
Most currently manufactured panels are monocrystalline conversion efficiency of 16%, compared to 20% for the best commercially available panels. Conversion efficiency means that one photovoltaic panel m² obtain 200 W (20%) or 160 W (16%), with conditions STC *. People with less space for installation can choose the more efficient panels.
* The intensity of solar radiation 1000 W / m², cell temperature = 25 ° C
What are the different types of solar inverters?
Solar Inverters can be divided into several categories:
• Single-phase inverters, two-phase or three-phase;
• inverters without transformer (for silicon technologies - monocrystalline and polycrystalline panels) or inverters with transformer (used in systems with amorphous panels);
• inverters with 1 or 2 MPP trackers, inverters and solar trackers with 2 MPP (Maximum Power Point) to connect two strings of panels located at different angles and with different azimuths to obtain the maximum yield power without the need for two separate inverters;
• inverters for grid systems and inverters for stand-alone systems.